1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help with 22 series

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by mroccab, Dec 12, 2008.

1. mroccab

mroccab Junior Member

I have a 22 series with a wireless remote that was installed a year ago. Everything has worked fine until today. When I attempted to mount the plow on the truck, it didn't respond, so I figured the remote had bad batteries. I replaced the batteries with new ones and again attempted to mount the plow. At first nothing, then a short pulse of movement and again nothing. I was persistent and got the plow mounted but it will not function continuously as it should. Does anybody have any ideas? Should the led on the receiver be lit or not? I have read in other post to check the ground for the reciever and I plan on doing that. But what else can I look for? Luckily we didn't get the snow we were forecasted.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The back lights should light and then flicker when a command is issued. Have you cleaned your main power cable plugs, and checked the power and grounds at the battery. Clean all the terminals on the 12 volt motor solenoid, clean connections and good grounds are important. Check the battery holder in the remote for cracks particularly on the lower end, and try another set of batteries. Did you get a new battery in the vehicle this summer? could be they forgot the hook the ground up when they changed it and it's intermeintent grounding though the mount points.

try that and let us know

3. mroccab

mroccab Junior Member

Well I had a chance today to check the power and ground connections. They all look good. The lights on the remote flicker every time a command is pressed. I thought reprogramming the reciever might help, so I followed the instructions I found on another post. Even after reprogramming I am still experiencing the same problem. The plow doesn't seem to respond to commands, and when it finally does, it only last about 2 seconds and at this rate it takes about 10 minutes to fully raise the plow. Basher thanks for the help so far. Do you have any other ideas? Is there any way to determine if the reciever is bad or not?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I suspect it is, the dealer would be my next suggestion. He should have a test unit to replace it with for diagnostic purposes

5. mroccab

mroccab Junior Member

Basher thanks for your help. I happen to be on the Snoway website and watched the wireless control video and it reminded me that I had to wait for the controller to flicker about 3-4 seconds after turning on. It works flawlessly after doing that. Thanks again.

6. mroccab

mroccab Junior Member

Well guess again. When the outside temperature dropped again the receiver stopped working. I removed the receiver, brought it inside to warm up and it again functioned as it should. I guess I'll be headed to the dealer to get a replacement. Need to be ready for the storm predicted for this weekend.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So only use it on warm days:rolleyes: I've not seen temperature related intermittent action, not doubting you, its just a new one to me.