1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help w/small condo bid..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by N C Landscape, Dec 3, 2006.

1. N C Landscape

N C Landscape Junior Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

New to plowing and need help bidding on small condo complex. It has about 20 units. Connected by a common sidewalk. 2 small parking lots w/ about 35 spots. Driveway into complex is about 200 yards. There is a 10 car garage in one lot. Able to push snow to side of driveway. Need to make drive accessible in AM and can come back during day when cars are gone to clean up and do sidewalks. How should I bid this and what would be a decent ballpark price? I have an f350 dump w/ 8 foot blade and a helper to snow-blow sidewalks. Thanks guys for your help! Need to respond back by 12/4 at latest.

Nick

2. N C Landscape

Anyone????? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Do you have a google earth image?

Depending on how it is set-up would depend on how long it took someone.

4. N C Landscape

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

That looks to be a rather easy plow job. I would say a hour's time for that just to cover my azz. If using a snow thrower on the walks figure in another 30 minuets. Again to cover yourself in those deep snows.

To me personally and I do not know what your area pays on a per hour basis I would charge maybe $180 to do it all walks and lot not including salting.

Salting it I would probably tack on another 80 bucks including the salt.

6. N C Landscape

Thanks Reaper....

The property manager got a seasonal bid for $18,000! That is based on 15 events. $1200.00 per event... I sent her a bid for per visit 3-6" 400.00 6.5-12" 550.00 That was still $10,000 lower than the previous bidder! Am I still high on my price?? I basically figured $25.00 per unit @16 units. The bid is in the mail so we'll see. Thanks for your input!!

Nick

7. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

It must be a bigger lot then what I am picturing in my head.

I don't know what you have to make to cover your costs but I'd say you have a good bid there.

Good Luck hope you get it. Next year i you do get it you will know they were thinking about a higher price as well and squeeze some more out for increased costs.

8. N C Landscape

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your input.