1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help trouble shooting my MM2 Xblade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bernie Lomax, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

I've got the 3 plug set up. Plow is 5 years old, but electrical in the truck is only 1 year old. Just hooked it up for the first time and have lights, but no hydraulics. There is the clicking sound when you try to operate it like it's telling the plow to move, but the plow is not moving.

Fluid was changed end of last season and is full, I checked it this morning. I am assuming the problem is at the pump on the plow frame, but how would I start crossing potential problems off the list. The problem could be the truck or the plow as far as I know.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Sean

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Use a set of jumper cables and hot wire across the motor solenoid briefly. If the motor runs your solenoid is defective. If it still doesn't run its time to start checking the cable connections between the battery and the plow. Be sure all cables are connected.

3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

95% the selenoid under your hood is bad. $25 part, and a 10 min fix. If not that, check all your negative and positive battery connections as well as on the plow itself. Make sure no nuts are loose, and that the plow is receiving postive power and good negative grounds. Your problem will be solved.

4. Bernie Lomax

This was my first thought but didn't want to screw it up. Connect the battery directly to the pump you mean?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Start by just connecting across the underhood solenoid first...by simply connecting the two larger posts together onthe solenoid briefly with one of the jumper cables. If the motor runs, then you'll know it's a solenoid issue. If it still doesn't run, then jump directly from the battery to the motor itself using both the ground and positive jumpers.

6. Bernie Lomax

I'll check it out. Thanks for the explanation.

7. Bernie Lomax

Needs a motor.:angry:

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not unheard of on a 5 year old unit. :help:

9. Bernie Lomax

Really? Well whatever it takes. I'm just glad it's now and not January with 6" of snow in the forecast.