1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DJ Contracting, Jan 13, 2014.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

OK so I'm replacing my Boss headlight/parking lights with some used Grote 9 pin headlight/parking lights. Iv'e isolated the boss side wires as these if I'm correct.

BY/WY = High beam

RY/WY = Low beam

BR Park
    PK Right turn
    Y Park
    Violet left turn

Y = grd.?

These are the wires coming out of the Grote lights

RT side
    W = High beam
    Purple = Rt. turn?
    BK/O = low beam?
    BR = park?
    BK = Grd?

Left Side
    W=High beam
    Grey = lt turn?
    BK/O = low beam?
    BR = park?
    BK = Grd?

Now I need to connect these to the Grote 9 pin wire harness. Iv'e already cut the 9 pin connector off as I'm going to solder the connections. Could someone please help me out in figuring out which wires go where (color wise)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. DJ Contracting

I edited the post and included the wire colors coming out of the Grote lights.

3. DJ Contracting

Update

Ok this is what I have so far. I have parking lights both turn signals.
    However no headlights(actually the headlights keeps blowing my fuse)
    I have the the W/Y wires tied into both the R/Y and B/Y wires as the Grote headlights only have one feed wire to each high and low beam BK/O low beam BK high beam. The white wire in my previous post (I had this and the BK wire wrong in the first post) I was unsure of until I took the Grote assemblies apart to follow wire colors.

4. DJ Contracting

So nobody wants to give it a shot here, I'm disappointed. It seems in the past when someone needed help there were plenty of people willing to help out. What happened?

5. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Here is a link to our electrical system wiring diagrams and schematics: http://www.bossplow.com/support/technical-information/electrical-system I hope this will help you with the issue you are having. If not, please contact your local BOSS Dealer or call our factory service department at 800-286-4155 ext. 2 and they will be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

6. DJ Contracting

Thanks I've been to the site however I've come to the conclusion that these grote style lights are not compatible with the boss system. I ended up welding the rusted headlight bracket back on and rewired the light back.