1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help on Western pro plus

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jd20series, Mar 11, 2014.

1. jd20series

jd20series Junior Member
    from IN

I have a western pro plus contractor 8'6" straight blade 2010 vintage that with the blade lifted, you can move the edges of the blade forward and back by hand about 4-6". The angle cylinders are actually allowing the movement (moving in and out by hand). Any ideas on what I should check first? Thanks, Jim.
  2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

air in the system or open valve?
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

When's the last time you did a drain and fill on the system? What caused this all of a sudden?
  4. jd20series

jd20series Junior Member
    from IN

I suspect you might be right on the drain and fill or the fluid level. I last changed it before this season, but lots of use this year! I have also been scraping some of the sides of frozen piles. Had a full day of use again today. I will check the fluid this weekend. Thanks for the ideas! Jim.