1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help on time

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by EPPSLLC, Nov 27, 2008.

1. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

hey fellas this is my first year and I need help on time . . .I ain't worried about my bread i know what i wanna make :D I'm just lost on time and also how much salt . . THanks

-DJ

Property Lines
    Stacking Areas
    Gas Station Canopy
    ~820ft
    ~950

snow map.jpg

2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

1 1/2 to 2hrs plowing, Half ton salt depending on storm I would not put a limit on it, the reason so high on hrs is if your having to plow this during their operating hrs ur goin gto have to deal with traffic and it's a b&^&, by the way those roads look they can get busy( me we do 13 gas stations about that size and it takes my two guys I have split up on them 1-2 hrs to get each store dn (only one truck at store for those that can't read), only takes them 1hr when there closed

And I do'nt know their thoughts on you stack snow up against the rear of the building like that,to me personally that's a NO NO, I would back drag it out an push it to the way right of the picture that hole stretch from far left as I could go to the right of picture would be the push to that side of the picture to me, but there may be something I'm missing also.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

For stuff like that, and the larger shoping centers / stores we do

Charge them a flat rate when there closed 9p-7a and a hourly form 7a-9p. one way i have seen it done. Another way is to do a flat rate and price it high.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You should be able to do it in an hour it looks to be a small lot the main lot is 180X150ish. Am I right?