1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Some Help On This

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kosty, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Kosty

Kosty Member

I plow a parking ive done it three times so far this year and ive billed it out every time well the guy paid the first one with out any problem. well the 2nd one i send out at the end of january and just sent him another bill. i called and left him massage all last week and yesturday on why the january bill wasnt paid, Because we are on a end of the month billing and due with 5 bussiness days well he called back today to tell me that he wont be intown till 1st of april bc hes in florida. he asked if i could wait for the payment and i was in a rush and answered sure i guess. But now im thinking that i should of done this what do you guys think?

2. Tri-County INC.

Tri-County INC. Member

Your Right You Shouldnt Have Done It

Your 100% right now this guy has a reason to put you off until april, think ahead to next year, this gives him the reason to put you off until June. you set the trap for yourself, i think that i would get paid for this year then drop him or something, he will always be a slow payer now. GOOD LUCK

3. westwind

westwind Member

gotta get that florida address, he can mail a payment from there. never put yorself in a position to let a customer take from you. you bill monthly for a reason. stick to your guns and get paid!!payup payup

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've plowed for several out-of-state customers. Using that as an excuse like he did is bologna. They have other bills - what do you think he does about the electricity, heat etc bills? I don't think they wait till April.:rolleyes:

5. Kosty

Kosty Member

Yea I think ill call him tommarow and request that a payment be sent. Or ill have to charge a late fee.

6. Kosty

Kosty Member

he is an attorney here in rochester. If he dosnt pay would it be possible to take him to small claims court.

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Probably not to win. You already agreed to wait till April - even if it was an inadvertant agreement.

8. Tri-County INC.

Tri-County INC. Member

do you have a contract with him

do you have a contact with him, if so you should have something about late payments in it, if not have him fax or mail a letter saying that he will pay on this date, and hold him to it. small claims court will be hard to win, i think it has to be over 500 dollars, in ohio not sure about your location.

9. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I know its less than $500.00. I've been for 110.00 for a non-payer. I dont believe in letting anyone get off easy. It's the principal of the situation. because I know if they do it to me they will just do it to someone else. Some people go through life beating people out of money thats just how they are. a thief is a thief and when someone doesnt pay you for your time that is considered stealing we dont sell anything besides service and thats what we get payed for. I did a landscape job for a guy and coming to find out in the end his neighbor is a landscaper and did some work for him before that and also never got payed and never took him to claims because of him being his neighbor. I dont care if its 50.00 if I have the time in the winter I'll go down and file after 30days 71.00 filing fee + your money + 5% int. works for me.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  10. Kosty

Kosty Member

yea i sure do have a contract. and it states about late payments. Yea its 20 dollars of a filling fee. for small claims i called and asked so i guess ill just call him tommarow and then see where it goes from thier. I appreciate the help guys.