1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help on first Municipal Sub liquid Spray Bid??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 86 CJ, Jan 30, 2015.

1. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

I am working a proposal up on doing some Liquid pre-treating work for the local County. They are interested in using our Brine that we are making and any equipment that we have or will have and want pricing for next season. I have my prices for what I sell Brine for right now to "New customer" and what I apply it for by the gallon for commercial property's, but not sure where I need to go with this. Should I be pricing per gallon/per lane mile? Should I be pricing per truck/per driver/per hour?? Any help from guys that are doing larger(city,county) liquid jobs would be a help. :help:
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I am guessing by your question the county doesn't have standard bid sheet. If others are bidding on it also , how will they compare apples to apples if the bids aren't standardized? BTW>>Good Luck with the contract !
  3. Digger63

Digger63 Member

we have pre treated in our town for the last several years. When the conditions are right for spraying we go out and do the hills and intersections. We do this on a time and material basis and use close to 1000 gallons per event. If you are doing only certain roads maybe you could give them a set price but usually what happens is the other town workers will start to increase the list. For us the T&M method seems the fairest to all involved being we are traveling from one end of town to the other.
  4. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Yes, there is no liquid treating local to our county except for me that I know of, so there is nothing to compare to like spreading salt. Right now I charge per gallon applied for my accounts, but might need to break that down to time and material. I can then sub out some local trucks with spray setups on them.
  5. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

What county in MD are you in? Don't worry not interested in your potential contract