1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help on a bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by JeffNY, Aug 26, 2008.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Plowing and salting (as needed)

Im not putting a price for the shoveling, because I don't think I can handle it, I don't have a snow blower, or the time to really shovel all the walkways, but we'll see what happens.

How crazy am i, I was thinking $150 for plowing, and $85 for salt. Am I out of line? In line? way low?

Other thing im weighing in, i don't NEED this lot, it's kind of big for my 8'2" V, and would tie up a good amount of time, but I'll give it a shot at bidding.

[​IMG]

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

just me... i think your price is low. i would estimate plowing to be around 30-45min depending on the snow. personally i would double both prices. if you want it, youll definitely get it for your price, but wont make much money off it.

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I figured atleast an hour, but thanks for the input, Ill take it into consideration.

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

185 plow, 130 to salt, based on a zero tollerance contract, if its a 2 inch, then price goes up

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Am I missing something on this thread?

6. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

where in upstate are you? that would make a big difference on what to charge.

7. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Yes it wasn't a thread from 8 years ago and you posted in it this evening. ;)

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

North of Seneca Lake, right between Roc and Syra

9. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

That price sounds good to me, but what do I know I grind stumps for a living!

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Dont sell yourself short earl:D.......as for the lot i would say about a hour on a decent 4-8 inch fall...alot of room to push snow....if you dont need the lot you should go high, and see what happens. I think at your price you will def get it!

11. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

are you guys kidding with those pricings. are you guys in it for beer money or something...
    my trucks and eqiupments get 175-225 an hour.
    the guy mentions it would take more then an hour, and he wanted to charge 150 bucks to plow.?
    looks like a medical building of some sort. means there is alot of old and handicaped peoples, HENCE you need to salt the piss outta it due to safty reasons. your 85 bucks might get your halfway into the parking lot before you loose money..

shoot i have a monroe muffler that pays almost double that at hald the size lol.

12. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I'm glad the NH economy is better than NY you can only get what the market will bear, Besides I doint drink allot of beer.

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would plow that place all day for $150. That looks like an hour plow to me. Easy plow for your plow. I would charge at least the same to salt and that would be with bulk and a salting truck on route.

If you guys are making $225/hour to plow then you would be doing very well around here.

14. 06HD BOSS

years ago when it actually snowed here, if youre not averaging around $300/hr youre not making enough.

15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice earl.....3 points!wesport

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If I was getting $300/hr there would be a lot of golfing happening the rest of the year. LOL

I am not saying it isn't worth it but we can't get it.

17. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i dont understand how anyone gets 200 - 300/hr i just lost a mall that we charged 65/hr for 8' straight blade

got beat out by price

18. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

hahaha, come here and charge $225/hr and see how much work you get. Trust me, it'd be nice as hell, but its just not happening.

19. 06HD BOSS

it just goes to show the difference between local communities and around the country. this is exactly why its tough for anyone to answer any "help me bid" threads. im not singling yours out jeff, talking about everyone's thread on here. prices vary so much even into the next town its hard to give an accurate bid for everyones situation. what a certain lot might be worth in my town, garaunteed its worth something totally different about 10 miles up the road. just for the hell of it...we do 50 driveways and 2 small commercial, everything added up and averaged out comes out to $45 per driveway, times the amount we do and how long it takes us (an average of 7 hours). Equals an average of $321 per hour. The same goes for the commercial as well. with it averaging around $305 per hour.

20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

when you say " times the amount we do" any rigs is "we" 2,3,4,5,?