1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some help mm1?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by farmerjim, Feb 3, 2014.

1. farmerjim

farmerjim Junior Member
    from ct

looking for a bit of help pretty sure i have a fisher mm1 (2plug)on a 2000 f250sd i just picked up. the left and right angle control is backwards meaning when i push control left it goes right and right it goes left. i have a mounted control box not a fishstik, i am thinking the control box might be the cause but not sure. also wondering if there is a downloadable set up guide for these someplace? as the the lift seems to lift high but the plow seems to still be somewhat low to the ground. any help or a point in the right direction would be great thanks

2. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

unbolt the two ends of the chain and bolt the ends back up a few lengths higher then it was that should help the plow raise more.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like there could be a wire crossed up somewhere or it could simply be the hoses on your plow are backwards. Personally I'd just switch the hoses because I hate trying to figure out wiring. As far as the lift height, just make sure you leave enough slack in the chain to let the plow float. Lift your plow and see how much room there is between the a frame and the headgear then take out the corresponding number of links in your chain. Hope that helps

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Flip your angle hoses. There backwards

5. farmerjim

farmerjim Junior Member
    from ct

thanks for the replys got the height adjusted good and the hoses were backwards back in business with proper left and right angles on the control box.