1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help..lesco spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Whiffyspark, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I have the opportunity to purchase a lesco mini spreader for $300. It has no controller.. does anyone no where i can find one or what i can use? I'd rather have a controller so i can adjust the speed and such...

2. spaceman12321

spaceman12321 Junior Member
    from midwest

Lesco doesnt make a controller, it is just an electric motor with a 2 pin wiring lead. Also the open/close control is just a long cable so it is not electronic.

You will need to make your own on/off switch which can just be a 12v toggle switch from an auto parts store. Honestly I dont think you will need a variable speed, it will only throw about 10-15' no matter what depending on mounting height so unless you are using it on sidewalks it wont really matter. If you do want to make it variable you might check grainger to see if they have a DC variable switch, which would basically control the output voltage.