1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help from my Rochester NY friends

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplower1, Feb 4, 2014.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I am in a sticky situation here in Rochester New York, we got news that our salt supplier is cutting everyone off because they are not getting any salt in. If anyone who may have some extra salt in the area would allow us to buy some once in a while until these guys get it figure out. We usually only need about a ton per icy event. Thank you
  2. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Wish I could help, We are in deep Sh.... in Rochester and the plant is 50 miles away, I got enough to get though this event, then punt. Word on the street is everyone is in the same boat.
  3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Yeah we are the same. i loaded up the salter to get through this but I've got a couple friends that only do a couple places that have a ton of salt, gonna talk to them about buying some. if worst comes to worst John deere has a ton of pallets of rock salt still so thats our fallback. Places arent going to like to hear we are using less salt because there is no salt. Hope you find something to get you through the rest of this year!