1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some help from driveway guys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplower1, Dec 9, 2015.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I don't typically do driveways but this one is right in my neighborhood and seems pretty easy. So I don't really know a good price. I was thinking maybe 40 per trip or 425? Low? High? Thanks for the help

Screenshot_2015-12-09-22-56-43.jpg

2. CCsnowpusher

CCsnowpusher Junior Member

Is the driveway tar or stone? Do you have to shovel walkways or paths any where around the house and will you be putting down any ice melt?

3. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Looks like a easy driveway. Those prices are we would charge out here in webster,

4. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

40 is fair. I would probably try for 45

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

as cc asked...i would be sure of what they expect before quoting it...

6. snowplower1

Cc, good thoughts. I have to ask about that. It is a asphalt driveway I think. It's whatever all our drives are.
    Since 40 sound pretty fair I'll probably go for that on just plowing but if they want shoveling just in front of the garage I'll do like 50 per trip and if they want walks done probably 60 per trip

7. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping Junior Member

I would be at 60 to do drive and walkway

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Get a credit check on them first.

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Or $500 for the season, 10% off prepay so $450...

10. snowplower1

That is what I meant. If they don't want walks but do want in front of garage then 50. If they do want walks and garage and plow 60 per. How much you think seasonal for shoveling and plow? 550?

11. grandview

Isn't Rochester 150.00 for the season?

12. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping Junior Member

Would depend on snow fall. Here we only get 24" on a good year so gonna be much different then NY

13. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

How much snow do you get in a winter? How many times does it snow? $60 Driveway and Walks.

14. CCsnowpusher

CCsnowpusher Junior Member

Snowplower1 $60 for drive and walks sounds like a reasonable price to me.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  15. snowplower1

We get on average like a 100" probably like 25 plows. Yes Rochester has been hit pretty hard for driveways. Ive heard a typical drive will go for 200-250. Last year those guys stopped going out until there was like 4 in on drives. Was kinda funny coming home seeing all the drives in my neighborhood staked but not getting plowed that was about mid February.

16. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

With 25 plows and 100 inches of snow there is no way I would do a driveway for 200-250 a season.
    For the $60 driveway with that much snow, here I would get $2025.

17. snowplower1

Around here some lots go for around that.

18. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Not exactly easy. Notice the inner part of the driveway nearest the front door. Your not likely to get a close backdrag ... So expect to jump out and shovel 8 feet.

How busy is the road the driveway is attached to? $40 for driveway. $8 for walk. $10 for busy road.

19. snowplower1

It's a neighborhood so at that time of morning we'd be lucky to see 2 cars go by. Back dragging that really won't be hard. There's enough room to square up to the garage and pull back enough

20. grandview

Going rate there,About 250-450.00 here same snow totals and times out.Of course,I charge 600.00 and turn people away.