1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some help from braniac

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by loyboy, Oct 22, 2009.

1. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

05 8' 6'' v plow. Power to joystick, new solenoid, cant get the motor of plow to run without jumping across the solenoid. With someone jumping the solenoid for me, the controller can run all the right functions. And plow lights and truck lights wont switch on and off with controller But with taking the relays out and hard wiring, the plow lights will come on but using the controller the plow motor will not run. WTF?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you have power to the controller? have you checked all the fuses?

3. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

Ya power is there. Dude this is killin me. Thought it might have been a relay but i bypassed them. If someone jumps the solenoid, the plow works fine! Have a new one but I guess thats not it? I am calling HIniker in the am

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you tested/replaced the solenoid?

5. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

Ya. New solenoid. I wonder if the circuit board from the truck to the plow ( that is on the plow frame) could be the problem?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

do you get a 12v signal to the solenoid when you activate?

7. tough85bronco

tough85bronco Junior Member

Check all your grounds! When my main ground was not hooked up I had all sorts of crazy problems like lights not working right but most plow functions did but when jumpering things it all worked fine! Turned out to be my ground! Just double check all of them!

8. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

Sorry not to reply for so long. Found two wires from controller to solonoid were chafed. Easy fix. Thanks to all!