1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some help a.s.a.p please

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by CAT420, Dec 3, 2008.

1. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

Im hoping there is someone on here which im sure there is that can help me out. At work we have been having some trouble since we bought a 2002 CAT 420 with its hydraulic power. We have since changed the hyrdo oil filter and it still seems like it doesnt have enough power as it should( no backhoe down pressure/ slow response). also the oil pressure light came on yesterday but then after shutdown and restart it has since not returned and there is plenty of oil?? Its in the shop now and were trying to get it ready for snow a.s.a.p so im open to any solutions.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I had the same type of thing happen to my 304 mini excavator it was the relief valve, was about a $120 part. Took me about 20 min
  3. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

Thanks ill give it a look
  4. L70

L70 Junior Member

how did you make out?