1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some help 1500 2500 3500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by R.J.S. SNOWPLOW, Dec 17, 2010.

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

what type of truck should i buy 2500 3500 anyone know how mucjh it can have in the bed also what is the weight diffrence of daul tires and single tires also if i got to change the truck i think i will be getting a saltdogg 2 yard salt spreader i dont want to be changing the truck again...

does anyone know what a 95 dodge ram 4x4 weight is by its self with stock stuff or how much weight i can put in my bed

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

2500 3500 series trucks are almost identicial. Only true difference is the extra set of springs on the rear axle. A 2500 series truck is very capable. But the duallys look great with some 22.5 's big truck wheel packages....

For a plow truck stay clear of the duallys. Have seen way too many rear fenders torn off !!! NTM the traction issues with the dual wheels.
  3. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

3/4 is the best all around truck. Go with a cummins if you can afford it.

what is a good year for the 3500 the new ones i am hearing arent built that good for the wear and tear we put them threw
  5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

go with a early 07' or earlier, 5.9 motors are far better then the 6.7's have better stock power from low to high band. an get far better milage!!!
  6. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

I've got an '01 2500 and it is plenty for what you are looking to do. If you are also considering a 3500 then if you look enough, you can find a SRW 3500 that'd be perfect. I'd look for something up to a 2001-2002 truck.

As for the engines, I have the 5. V8 but wish I opted for the Cummins when I bought the truck. I have 241k miles on it and will be doing a repower next year...most likely to a 6.7 Cummins.

would a 01 2500 4x4 be able to have a vbox a poly and a full load of salt say a saltdogg 1500 1.5 yarder or a saltdogg 2 yarder and a meyer lotpro 7.6 steel with multi wings and still not be over weighted

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Yes!!! In fact you could pull a 753 Bobcat behind you too !! There is a reason why these trucks retain there price so much!!!

01??? Good truck but not the best on fuel. If you can find one look for a 12 valver.... 94-early 98. Not that impressive out of the box for get up and go but with a few turns of a wrench and a fuel plate...:) The 800km per tank is also a plus!!

what is the SRW?
  10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Single rear wheel