1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some Friendly Advise ASAP!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bolduc79, Oct 14, 2005.

1. bolduc79

bolduc79 Junior Member
    from Maine

I own a 1995 Dodge Ram 2500. I would like to put a plow on it, but cannot afford new. I have a friend that has a old style Quick switch Fisher with a 8 foot blade and said I could have it. Can I use the Head Gear, Plow blade if I purchas pushplates for the first style Minute Mount. Hydraulic. (Not Electric Hydraulic)
    I was wondering if I could also use the pump?
    I thought if I was able to do this All I would have to buy is the pushplates,control joystick,brackit kit for the pump,Hydraulic mechanism, and newer style light kit.

2. go plow

go plow Senior Member

im not a expert, but i think that the newer mm plows can be mounted to any truck as long as you dont put a 8ft plow on a nissan lol what you might need is as you stated new mounts for you truck, new wire harness, as far as the pump, if the pump is on the plow, i would say yes, if the pump is under the hood, you might wand to check with a dealer about that, the pump might be ok touse, but you would once again get a pump bracket that fits your truck... hope that helps you good luck with your install......

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Clear a few things up for me and i can probably figure it out for you.

Does the plow have the headlights attached to it when off the truck?
    Is the power unit attached to the plow when off the truck?
    Do the headlights and lift arm stay on the truck but you can remove the plow?