1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Some fast advice!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by lawnprolawns, Oct 30, 2008.

1. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

Hey all. New here! I came from lawnsite.. haha. Great forum here.

Anyways, looking at this rig to start plowing. I've had some people tell me I shouldn't get a Dodge from 95.

Rust here and there, but it seems solid. I can get it for 5K

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

ussmileyflagas with any truck maintenance and cleaning it after each snow if you can Will extended the life ,would not hurt to clean if up good underneath and hose it down with a case of fluid film before you go out the first time .

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

Most guys don't know what a REAL 3/4 ton plow truck is. I am a little partial. With a spreader on it its probably rusted up pretty bad but they don't make a tougher truck than that one. My 94 has 275k of nothing but plowing, pulling trailers, and hauling 5-6k of salt around with the original transmission. Overdrive is out but thats from the salts effect on sensors. I've had from 93-06 Dodges with mostly Cummins and they are all good trucks.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

If it had the Cummins that would be a good deal. Could of bought almost the same truck with a V blade and no salter for $5k this fall. NTM that it had the CTD plus a little body rot.

The plow and salter are worth 1800.00 at best so 3200 for the truck is fair. My advise dont rush unless the deal is great. Under the same listing look for a 92 Dodge 2500 (blue) with the CTD but no blade. Doesn't take long to slap a blade on a truck. Plus a truck which has nerver pushed snow is a bonus.

Good luck

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Why the heck not get a Dodge from 95? 12 Valves are bad! In a good way.