1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some estimateing help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by tibor, Nov 19, 2010.

1. tibor

tibor Junior Member

Got a call from a lady today who wanted me to give and estimate for her vacation home i usualy just plow intown small driveways and just wanted to make sure on this job. It was two dark to take pictures but i will drive it as best as i can. The driveway begins with about a 400-500 long one lane driveway/road with plenty of room to pull the snow across to one side. at the end of the road i can push straight forward the there is a longer two car driveway perpendicular to the road that i will have to back blade about half of it the push it all off to the side. I am going to be using a 3/4 ton ford witha boss 9.2 v blade i feel it should be pretty quick but am not sure.
    thanks for they help guys

2. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

15-20 min max

3. tibor

tibor Junior Member

20 minutes sounds about right but what should i charge per push.

4. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

Id get about $50 - $60 per push atleast

5. tibor

tibor Junior Member

Ok i was going to say around $65 a push and if i go out and it takes very little time ill give them a bit of a break

6. tibor

tibor Junior Member

heres a map if it helps

plow1.jpg

7. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

How close is this to your other jobs? If its with in 10 mins of your other jobs I would be around $70, and over 10 inches would be 90 or more