1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some dodge advice

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BTRBLDR, Jan 18, 2011.

1. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

I am thinking of getting an 01 2500 ram ext cab slt laramie with the cummins motor and 170k miles. truck seems to be in decent shape, has a built tranny, exhaust and some other new parts, brakes, batteries etc. Do you guys think its a fair deal for $8k??ussmileyflag

2. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

If all checks out and is in good shape it is a good price. I just did rough book value on KBB and at the low end it is
    worth $ 9,810.

IMO sight unseen I would consider it. sounds fair.

3. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

Does built tranny = rebuilt tranny? or beefed up tranny? In either case, how many miles on the tranny? It sounds like a fair price.

4. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  5. ironsales

ironsales Junior Member

I have the same truck and love it. Major things to look at are that that truck came with a facotry lift pump which were horrible. If the fuel system has not been upgraded, you will want someone to do a fuel pressure test on it. If it has been running low fuel pressue, the VP44 (the injection pump) could be on the way out. The pumps are VERY costly! Look at the front end and they rust under the doors as the tires stick out beyound the fender well and sand blast the bottom of the doors. If it has a built tranny and not just rebuilt I am going to guess there may be some upgrades to the truck. Check and see if they are running a fueling box or programmers and tapped the VP44 pump. Signs of a modded truck. If you do have any questions or buy the truck, cumminsforum.com is a great sight and a lot of helpful people like here. Any questions, feel free to pm me.

6. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

not sure on miles yet, I will find out. The tranny is built, meaning built up.

I do need at least an extended cab and would like a crew cab. Mr. PLow2011 are you by any chance Kyle??

Truck does has an upgraded lift pump and an edge ez tuner in it with tri pillar gauges.

Thanks for all the info guys I think I might go take a peek at the truck.

7. b&b landscapes

b&b landscapes Member

8. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

went and drove the truck today. Has 170k miles and it seems to be a decent truck. shifts are nice and firm and I didnt see any rust on the truck. I am considering getting it. Anyone have the truckside plates and wiring for a fisher minute mount 2?

9. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

got the truck today. Seems to be a decent truck. Now just to find fisher truckside plates and wiring....