1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some assistance w/ Heater Blower motor??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mtk469, Feb 11, 2010.

1. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Got done plowing yesterday after about 16 hours and went in and crashed. When I got up this morning I started my truck 99 F250 SD 7.3L to run around and check my accounts to see if there was any salt needs etc and had no blower for the heat. I checked both the dash fuse and the fuse in the power box under the hood and those were fine. Anything else I should look for other then yanking the blower motor? Need to get it resolved as I would love to have heat and defrost. I can feel that there is some heat at the vents when I stick my hand up to them but no blowing.
    Thanks for any assistance.
  2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

can u hear it running? goto the blower motor and try to measure some current on the wires make sure its getting juice through the wires. if it is then you have a bad motor. if not you have other issues. on the wifes car it has a resistor that goes bad this could also be your case.
  3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

if there is heat then most likely it is the resistor
  4. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

most common failure is the Blower Motor Resistor (cheap and easy repair). Often times it will tell you it's failed by having no 1,2, or 3 fan speeds, and leave you only with "HIGH" fan speed.
  5. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I'm willing to bet this is the problem also.

It is a square solid state board just below (IIRC) the fan motor. $15 at the parts store and you should be good to go.
  6. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Thanks guys for all of the replies. It seems to be working alright all of the sudden but I am going to pick up a resistor next time I am at the parts store so that I have it.
    Thanks again,
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might be the same gremlin my 99 has.
    It will barely have heat one day with good blower, next day it will run you out. Random wipes of the wiper blades when they are turned off. Idle air control and starter decide randomly not to work the first 4 tries.Then it goes for a month with no problems.