1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some advise with plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bossrecycling, Dec 29, 2009.

1. bossrecycling

bossrecycling Junior Member

i have a 1999 gmc sierra 1500. i was wondering what a good plow would be to put on it? i plan to do residential and some small businesses. im also wondering what i would need to do to maby beef up the front end of my truck to make is stronger. im looking to spend around $2000 on a plow, it dont have to be new, i dont want to wast alot of money if things dont work out.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You're not going to find a new plow for that money, at least not up to task for the plowing you want to do. I would look for a Sno-Way first. Light weight, down pressure, good track record.

3. bossrecycling

thanks for the quick reply. how wide of a plow would be best?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

8 footer with angled wings would be excellent. The Sno-Way plows are lighter weight than most, so you can run a wider plow on a half ton truck.

5. bossrecycling

what type of mechanical problems will i most likely run into plowing?