1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mnlake, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Mnlake

Mnlake Junior Member

I have a 2004 Chevy Duramax/Allison 2500HD with a Blizzard 8600 Speedwing. At 860 lbs the blade makes the front sag more than I like. I'd like to maintain the famous Chevrolet heavy duty truck ride and height, and yet find a solution for the sag. I've looked at several options but need to hear from those who have tryed something and the results.

Roger in Duluth Minnesota

2. MNcasper

MNcasper Junior Member

Welcome fellow Duluthian, don't know much about newer trucks or 2500 HD Duramax, but you could check this thread.....it follows on 1/2 ton but may apply. Good Luck Keith

3. MNcasper

MNcasper Junior Member

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

timbren load boosters work nice.

5. MNcasper

MNcasper Junior Member

6. Mnlake

Mnlake Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome Casper. This last storm almost kicked our butts huh? Finishing getting it busted up and out of the way as we type.

I go in next week for some torsion bar work. I have showed my mechanic the boosters out there but he wants to look at the torsion bars first and see where they are set. I drive 45 miles one way to Duluth every day so comprimising ride is the last thing I want to do.

Thanks for the help folks.

7. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

I got about 4 turns on my duramax with no compromise in ride quality, I also have Timbrens with an 8'6 V plow...turn em up, add timbrens and youll be fine, you can always back em down in the spring, Also, dont forget your ballast