1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MattR, Dec 19, 2009.

1. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Hi,

I have an older Western plow housing (complete), cable style. I know the pump motor works since I hooked it up directly and it spun nice, However, I could not check the rest of it since the cables were shot. Anyways, a local guy has bought the controls from me, now he needs more parts or at least some good advice. He hooked up the controls and everything works except the "raise/up". He wants to buy whatever parts from me that is needed to get his plow working again, Honestly I am not sure which parts he might need. If I researched correctly, either the 3way valve is not working or the pump is not putting out enough pressure. I have no problem selling the parts to him, yet I would like to save him some money if it is something that can just be adjusted. He is an older guy and no internet, so I am trying to find some answers to help out. Do not get me wrong, I do not mind selling parts to him as long as he needs them. As long as I can spare the time, I will be out there helping him get it working.

Also, if parts are needed, what is a fair price to ask for used parts. Since they are used parts, I told him that if my parts do not work I will give him a full refund. I am hoping that it might need some part that cannot be used by me as a spare for my uni-mount solenoid style. If it would be the 3way valve, I would probably pull the pump and pump motor as spare parts for myself and sell the rest of it to him.

Looking forward to the replies.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

new cables and some adjustments and it will run fine.

3. MattR

MattR Senior Member

TY No Lead for the reply. Probably tomorrow I will head over there with the downloaded Western Manual and see if I can get it working for him. I will post an update as soon as I can.

Matt

4. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Plow is working with some adjustments like No Lead mentioned. Thanks again No Lead for the guidance.

Matt