1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need some advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by m.williams, Dec 10, 2009.

1. m.williams

m.williams Member

Two 17 year old kids.
    One two wheel drive 1996 dodge dakota, trailer
    1 snowblower
    2 shovels
    salt

how man small drives do you think we could handle?
    How should we bill/charge?
    all of this would be within a mile from one of our homes, so we arent crazy for the 2wd truck.
    been plowing for 2 years, no acsess to truck or job, next best thing for the season

2. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Good to see not all kid's are lazy bastards :laughing:...Do as many driveway's as you can get....What part of the northeast are you from

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

What about school???

4. m.williams

m.williams Member

Our schools cancel for rain so theres no doubt in my mind we wouldnt have to worry about that in a storm, and worse comes to worst, we miss the morning or afternoon classes. still not haveing my original questions answered though

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

10 or so drives and call around to see what people in your area charge.
    Prices VARY ALOT

6. m.williams

m.williams Member

Thanks, i've been talking to a couple other kids my age with similar situations and they are charging about 25 per push for the avg. driveway and walkway. and about 10 a driveway for salt.