1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some advice on install

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BCF250SD, Nov 26, 2011.

1. BCF250SD

BCF250SD Junior Member

So I have a 2006 F250 with the diesel. I got a really good deal on a used 8' boss straight blade. I got the mount installed with no problem. Now I'm on to the wiring and was wondering where the best place is to put ever thing since there is not much room. Any help would be appreciated.

2. johnscram

johnscram Junior Member

I mounted my solenoid and relays under the hood near the battery. I ran all the rest of the wiring right up against the factory wiring that went through the firewall. Just make sure you keep everything nice a neat, use lots of zip ties! All the wiring should be away from anything hot, or anything moving on the engine. Besides that, just take your time to find a nice way to route it all!

3. BCF250SD

BCF250SD Junior Member

OK Thanks. I didn't know if there were any preferred routes or not. Ok time to get back to it