1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need some advice from the "Pros"

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Plowman128, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Plowman128

Plowman128 Junior Member
    from ohio

Hello all!!

We are a sealcoating company located in Ohio. We have Able sealcoating rigs with 600 and 100 gallon tanks. I brainstormed the idea of the possibility of getting into pre treatment of roads and parking lots. Our tanks are metal and so are all the plumbing components inside. Does anyone know of a liquid material we could use for this type of application? Concentrate form ? It would have to be a non corrosive material, I would think.Any help would be appreciated. I am really trying to expand my knowledge on this subject and hope to find some helpful hints along the way.
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

liquid pre-treating

Not sure if you can mix the liquids with your spray rigs, I would ask the manufacture. The product you would use would be Magic or Caliper most likely. Lots of discussion here if you search, just weed through the bs and ra-ra rantings to find the good info, but what you really need to do is talk with manufactures and reps. Find out who sells which product locally (this is the real factor in what you use).

Pre-treating is great, it lasts long and makes plowing a lot easier.
  3. dssxxxx

dssxxxx Member
    from NJ

If you have the bucks...............potassium acetate.