1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need snowplowing insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by L.Lizak, Oct 4, 2006.

1. L.Lizak

L.Lizak Junior Member

Hi.

Could someone recommend an insurance company to me for plowing insurance.
    I do two small property for New York state. The insurance company I delt with last year they are not writing anymore insurance for plowing.

2. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

I will most certainly get flamed but I would either not do the properties, or have them sign a waiver of "right to sue".

Insurance from two properties would definelty eat any potential profit from them. I suggested the waiver because there is a great chance they would sign it cuz your selling feature could be "We/I only service a select few properties to allow for efficient and prompt service". They buy it, you save it.

3. jmoriweb

jmoriweb Junior Member

Insurance

I have a good broker that gets me the insurance for the season. He is in NY and last year it cost me about $1600. This cuts into your bottom line but for liability issues it is a wise choice. Many car insurance policies will not cover you if you are using a personal vehicle for commercial snow removal and all you need is one slip and fall to put you in the poor house.
    If you want his info, email me at jmori@gony.net
    Thanks

4. premier homes

premier homes Member

insuracce

i pay $2500 per year per truck for 1 mil in coverage year round in central ny. find an agent that deals with progressive.

5. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

I pay about the same in NJ with Selective

6. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

DON"T GO WITH PROGRESSIVE... Were in NY are you... I have a great agent.... Best prices.. He is in Troy NY

7. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Erie Insurance has been the best for us so far.

8. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

It cost be about 2 thousand a year for my landscape liability my truck my equipment covered and snow plow liability I am covered to the hilt.It is thru Meridian Security Insurance.

9. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Try Farm Family.