1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need snowplow for 92 Toyota 4x4

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johnstra, Sep 11, 2003.

1. johnstra

johnstra Junior Member

I'm looking to put a snowplow on my 92 4x4 x-cab. I found a dealer who says a Western Uni-mount will bolt onto my truck, but if I go to Western's web site, my truck doesn't show up as an option.

Can someone tell me if this plow can be put on my truck without fabrication? Thanks.
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'm not too familiar with Western mounts for the Toyota's,but i'd bet the reason Western doesn't list the plow for your truck,is due to the added weight of the extended cab,and the possibility of overloading the front axle.The mount is probably the same for a regular cab,or a different model,so they can install one on your truck.

I have seen mostly Meyers on the Toyota's in our area.You may also want to take a look at a Snoway.They are very light,yet still strong,and have down pressure to aid in scraping.Take a look at www.snoway.com

CT18fireman had a plow for your truck for sale here

You may want to contact him to see if he still has it.

Here are a few other threads on plowing with a Toyota

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Meyer, Snow-way, Western, Fisher all make plows for that truck. Fisher is the heaviest and best IMO. I do not know why Western's site is not showing a plow. It used to. The Fisher site shows a mounting setup. I have seen Western's mounted on those as well as newer Tacomas which have a lower front end rating. Either way that trick is off warranty so buy a plow and get a set of Timbrens for the front.
  4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Even though I am a diehard Fisher man, We have a meyers plow
    on our 1994 Toyota regular cab. It has been a great plow for that
    truck, It is only used for cleanup and larger walks, but it has been
    fairly good. I would try looking for a used set up, should be able
    to find one without much problem. I would suggest a 6 1/2' Plow
    for that truck, It should work out great. Just my two cents

5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I used to have a '89 Toyota with 6.5' Fisher plow. Plowed with it for two seasons and it was a pretty good small rig, very manuever, especially in those tight residential driveways. I did have a few problems, but all were able to be fixed. Here is a pic of the small rig from February '03 big snowstorm.

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Sno-way fisher meyer, western and blizzard make a plow for your truck. I saw a truck just like yours with the blizzard plow looked like a 6.5 or 7ft.:)