1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED SNOW Official rules Snow dance

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fernalddude, Dec 28, 2011.

1. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ok guys Iam bored to death also and have been on plowsite more in the past week than all year. So its time to give everyone some help. The official way to get snow hope everyone try's this tonite I could use some snow also. Have fun with it ...:popcorn:

I hate to give all my inside info but here it is

In order to successfully complete a snow dance, you must first assemble a group of willing participants. A minimum of two people is required; more people increase the dance's success rate. In order to channel the maximum amount of energy possible to the Snow Gods, the dance should be performed naked and outdoors, with a clear view of the sky. The more clothing you wear the more interference you introduce, decreasing your chances of success. Due to laws in most places regarding indecent exposure, chose your time and place for the dance carefully. If you must wear clothing, wear as little as possible. You will also need a source for music. A boombox or iPod/Speaker setup will suffice. Any song will do, so pick something that everyone likes. That's it! Get everyone together, head outside, strip down (to at least your underwear), and get the music playing! The following are the steps for the dance:

Sequence 1 – The Stomp

The Stomp helps get the attention of the gods.

The entire dance is performed in a low posture as if you are skiing or snowboarding. The first step is to lift your left foot off the ground while raising your right hand and elbow up like a salute to your forehead. Return your left foot and right hand while lifting your right foot and left hand the same way for Step 2. Steps 3 and 4 are the same as Steps 1 and 2, you should repeat this sequence of four steps twice.

The Stomp: Step 1 and 2

Sequence 2 – The Search

The Search tells the gods that you are in need of something.

As if you are looking for something, bring your hand up to your brow and search. The first step you search to the right, and lean into it. The second step, you search to the left. It looks as if you are searching for snow. Steps 3 and 4 are the same. Repeat this sequence of steps twice.

The Search: Step 1 and 2

Sequence 3 – The Wind

The Wind tells the gods that you need help with the weather.

First step, hold both of your arms out to the right and wave them in a hula motion, as if the wind is coming and blowing them to the right. Step to is the same to the left, make sure to make the transition smooth as if the wind has changed directions. Again, steps 3 and 4 are the same. Repeat this sequence of four twice.

The Wind: Step 1 and Step 2

Sequence 4 – The Snow

The Snow tells the gods that you need snow.

The fourth sequence is crucial. Raise your hands high in the air and then, waving them quickly as if to mimic snow falling then, you slowly lower your arms down to the ground. Go from standing on the tips of your toes and follow your hands all the way down to the ground. When you get down there, jump up smoothly with the music. Your left hand should be raised in triumph. Should you desire dry, fluffy snow you can throw a grab in. When you get back down to the ground, everyone claps once together. Then, repeat the whole dance from the beginning until you notice a drop in temperature.

The Snow, Shown With Optional Grab

That's it! After the successful completion of the dance, head back inside and wait for the snow to start falling! The dance is effective within a 150 mile radius of where it takes place, and results are typically seen within 24-48 hours.
  2. highhog1

highhog1 Senior Member

You really do have a lot of time! lol
    but I will give it a try
  3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Alright Fern, I am with ya on this one! Lets do this, if there is no workable snow before January 2nd we assemble a crew, meet at a Frickers or BW3's first (for drinks of course) then head to the nearest town square (that way the snow gods know we mean business).

I am about 4 hours away from Cincy so I will need a 2 day notice. :salute:

Good luck Andrew
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Time to counteract your dance!

5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Grandview you know deep down you want snow. Plus Fern and I and more than 150 miles from you soooooooo......... your vote doesnt count! :realmad:

BTW last I heard the lakes are well above average for temps this time of year so you know you will be plowing into may.

6. fernalddude

Your correct to much time on my hands 15 days off used all my vacation from day job and driving my wife crazy. Think I will get a shower and pull off my big plow just so I dont have to carry around the weight. Nothing else to do grrrrrrrrrrrr But will do the dance tonite just for the fun lookout youtube....
  7. fernalddude

Also grand think I will have the Army son in NY do the dance just for you.........
  8. fernalddude

Ok oldest is driving south in NY and he send me this No kidding.Must be working WOW..:mechanic:

9. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

All of my relatives and workers are required to do the snow dance at least once a day during the Winter lol, but I like to do mine year round. Bring on the Snow!!!
  10. snowdance

snowdance Junior Member
    from Ontario

i already did my dance! got what i wanted too! payup