1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need small spreader!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by baddboygeorge, Feb 1, 2007.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

any advice for a small tailgate unit that i can put on an take off real quick for when breakdowns occur on my salt truck i can switch to another truck an throw on a spreader an go! lets hear thanks George
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

3. baddboygeorge

thanks man really i want something small an easy to connect wiring an all to !
  4. truck5029

truck5029 Member

I have a 375 mini pro snowex for sale. It holds about 275 lbs of salt mounts in your receiver hitch . email me at truck5029@yahoo.com
  5. baddboygeorge

condition an price?/

let me know thanks George
  6. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I am usuing the buyers tgsuv pro, and i got it from j- thomas! I would recomend the pro version becasuse it has the variable speed control and can throw salt about 30'. I got it becasue of the fact you can lay it down to get into the back of the truck with out actually removing it from the truck. I have it on a f 350, and use it for small commercial lots. I cam put 350lbs. of salt in it. I have never had any problems with it. Other than the fact it has a small hopper it can do anything my brothers snowex 1075 does!!! I am always getting stuff out of the back of my truck (snow thrower, broadcast spreader and ice melter for my condos) so it is nice to have easy access and it removes off the truck easily when not in use. The best part is it only weighs about 75 lbs. I looked all over and prices vary j- thomas was cheaper than anyone on ebay. It also doesn't hurt that they are only 45 minutes from my house! I had a small snowex and it died after two years( yes I wash my stuff every time I use it) So I wanted to get something cheaper, and the buyers has been working for two years now!!!
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Sno-Way produces 3 models of receiver hitch spreaders. Models would include 4, 6, or 9 cubic foot capacities. On/Off or variable speed controlled. The 4 cubic foot model can easily be installed on the hitch by one person. To learn more or locate a dealer in your area visit our factory website http://www.snoway.com .
  9. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I have the Beyer suv

This is my second season using the Beyer SUV spreader and the only complaint is that it dosn't throw bulk salt very good, but bagged salt it works like a charm.
  10. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Do any of you guys like the BOSS spreaders? I am looking to get a little spreader too!
  11. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Tom....... the Snoway web site dosen't list the 4 CF spreader.....

12. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  13. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I have forwarded the info to our webmaster to make sure this gets rectified.

14. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have a buyers tailgate one that i use strickly for sand on the pickup and it works great. I also have a vi box on the 1 ton that gets more use now.

DJ Contracting, to make bulk salt work, weld some arms to the top in c shapes and cut out the opening groove some more. it should help you with bulk salt alot better.