1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need sand/salt in central CT

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ctplower, Dec 17, 2003.

1. ctplower

ctplower Junior Member

Does any one know where I could get sand/salt and or salt in Central CT.
  2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Hey ct plower,Im from middletown and in the same boat.If you are looking for bulk sand/salt im not sure who does it but im sure its out there.If you are just looking for spreaders filled before a storm there is a landscaping company across from uncle bobs on rt 66 that filled them last season.Also Koguts in meriden has sand and salt they might even have bulk sand to deliver.If you just want bagged salt easiest way is to get pallets from home depot or landscaper supply in cromwell. Hope this helps a little....There was also a place up in rocky hill (up shunpike road) just past general paving that filled sanders with a mix sand/salt im not sure the name of the business.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  3. ctplower

ctplower Junior Member

Thanks jt5019, we'll see if we get any other replies, but I'll check that guy across from Uncle Bob's.

I'm surprised Uncle Bob's doesn't get into supplying the stuff!!

Maybe I'll go have a talk with them.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Uncle bobs very well might, i havnt checked but i know they usually have a pile for their own trucks im sure they would be willing to sell some by the yard. I believe the company thats near uncle bobs is called New Image landscaping.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  5. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I am just curious,, what do you guys pay for mixed salt/sand there and for straight salt, sand. Just interested how your prices compare to ours here in Canada:waving:
  6. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

a place to try

If you want to pick it up goto AMC in Bloomfield.
    They have both sand/salt or salt

if you are interested let me know I will give you the number..they also deliver.

7. ford250LDMaster

ford250LDMaster Member

east haven landscape supply.they can bring a dump truck over to you 5 yard min 203-467-6260
  8. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I pay $38.00 per yard of mix loaded.

9. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I pay $20 per ton for salt sand mix/ $55 per ton for straight salt
  10. Local

Local Junior Member
    from CT

sand/salt in ct

Mix $25.00/ ton Gateway Terminal 562-3312