1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need salt!!!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kthunter33, Feb 11, 2014.

1. kthunter33

kthunter33 Junior Member

I'm in a pinch just like everyone else. I am looking for 2-3 skids of bagged salt or whatever I can get ahold of. I am in the lehigh Valley area. I would even take a ton or two or bulk if available. Any bigger company willing to help me?? I've called every supplier/store that I can think of/find with no prevail!! If you know someone or are willing to help me. please email me @khovis@kings.edu Thank you!!
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Good luck, we have been scraping together all the salt we can get for the past month.
  3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

ABE supply is getting a truckload in tomorrow or this week

you cant do any better, call her right now and tell her Matt Green referred you
  4. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

5. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

Try Capitol Ace Hardware in Bangor, PA
  6. kthunter33

kthunter33 Junior Member

Thank you guys as I greatly appreciate it! I should have been more prepared but like most people but my supplier has always had me covered without any issues (of course until this year).
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

What about softener salt, everyone out of that as well?
  8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Pennsy Supply in Harrisburg had some bulk today.
  9. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

go to the local fertilizer plant and get some urea
  10. kthunter33

kthunter33 Junior Member

Thanks for all your help. I was able to get a pallet of bagged from a fellow plowsite member
  11. kthunter33

kthunter33 Junior Member

Thought I'd fellow plowsite members know I found calcium at 4 Winds Concrete in Hellertown, Pa 50lb bags for $15.. Not a great price but had quite a few pallets left. Bags are Tetra brand calcium flakes.