1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need salt spreader for jeep-Snow way

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by flykelley, Dec 8, 2011.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    I need a salt spreader for my 97 Jeep. Looking at the snow way spreader, anybody ever use one? Needs to be a swing away or come off real easy. Any suggestions on brand?

Mike

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I use Sno-way 6 cf capacity and works good for small lots. On and off easy. The biggest problem you may have is capacity to carry salt, my jeep is limited to 12 50lb bags.

3. flykelley

The good part is I only need it to salt one small lot, so that will work for me. Wonder if you can dry bulk through it without a problem.

Mike

4. Rob From APE

Rob From APE Junior Member

Another spreader you may want to look at due to its ease of use and easy to remove. Check out the SnowEx SR110 or SR210. When empty weigh only 65-68 lbs. Slides into your reese hitch. Plugs into a 7 prong plug you may already have on your Jeep. This is not a real heavy duty spreader but have many customers that use them for small lots and have some foreman have it in there truck...when they go out spot checking...they can plug it in and touch up and throw back in truck and away they go.
    It uses a wireless controller with a 10 or 20ft spread. And best thing.....Cheap....looking around the $500.00 mark.

5. flykelley

I need something that will hold around 400 pounds of salt at one time.

Mike

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have sold a ton of them and they are very popular. The control gate is real nice if you need to leave a little in the hopper site to site. You could consider the 4 cubic foot unit for your jeep.

7. flykelley

What is a good price on one with a
    the better controller?

Mike

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4 cu ft. $1250 with the variable speed

9. Missouri Farmer

Missouri Farmer Junior Member

SR 210 spreader not working on truck