1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need replace Diamond/Meyer moldboard

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mickman, Dec 7, 2007.

1. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Does anyone know best place to buy replacement moldboard?
    Diamond C 7.5 steel.......Thanks

Diamond  Meyer 7.5 C plow.gif
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I'm sure any Meyer Diamond dealer can get you one or CPS or Angeleo's but the shippings going to be a killer!

Have you checked with any local welding shops about removing the moldboard skin and installing a locally formed one? Any decent welder with a plasma cutter could certainly do the job and any fab shop with an 8' brake or roll former could form a replcement, but it will certainly take some time to get it done.

Another option is to look for a good used blade,Here on this site, Craigslist, or E-bay is a start.
  3. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Thanks for reply. I did check Angelo's, CPW, etc. I just went to dealer up the street, where I buy all our mowers, plow parts, etc. Not to bad of price: $1500 w/ trip edge.

Erie Ins. may pay for it. Turns out, trip springs were hitting plow when we had the horriffic ice storm last year that kept tripping trip edge, thus bending moldbord on the ends.

I will make sure trip edge springs are tighter. Now it looks like a N'oreaster this weekend:redbounce:jester:
  4. Are you still looking for a moldboard? I just took off my 7.5' Diamond tripedge. It's two years old and has two pushes on it from last year. Nearly perfect condition. I swapped to an 8' blade so I could get paid a different rate. I know I'm far away, but let me know if you're interested.
  5. mickman

mickman Senior Member

thanks, but I already ordered one. But, out of curiosity, how much?
    Just to see if it would have been worth it.
  6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I have replacment poly, not the paperthin cover. I have 1/4 inch thick stuff. Look me up if you still need this stuff....Rob