1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need real anwsers and help from actualy owners

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rscritch, Jan 1, 2012.

1. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

as some of you have read I bought my first plow. It was a used 8' boss v blade that come with the bracket and wireing for my truck. I was told it all worked and once I get it home and get to looking at it I discover that my v blade looks to have been cut down from a larger v blade. so its a larger sized mounting set up. This is a very tall and heavy plow I dont mind but it has the larger 1.5" pins for the push beam and is a bit wider. My local dealer was help full at first in that they helped me to figure out what I had and what parts I need, about a month and a half ago I ordered the parts, needless to say they have not come in and they dont seem to have a clue as to when they will. any ways I have been hunting for a dealer that can actualy get me the right push beam that I need. My local dealer said it would work but after talking to other dealers they have told me not to put the other push beam on as it will hang to low. has any one ever put one of the larger plows on a 2001 ford f-250 4 by 4 with a v10? My buddy that is putting this on for me suggested we just cut the mount I have and make it work but I am a bit worried about doing this as if we do it and it dosent work, I will have a ruined mount and maybe a broken plow. dose any one have any thoughts or suggestions as to what I should do?
  2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

This is a confusing post. If the dealer told you what you have exactly, tell us here so we can figure out exactly what you are dealing with. As a local to Boss headquarters I know parts are at a premium because it was an EXTREMELY busy fall for them so be patient. Pictures of what you have would help.
    What I think you are saying is you have a commercial plow (10' V) cut down to a smaller size? and the mount and "push beam" are from a medium duty type truck?
  3. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

Sorry I can understand what you mean. My local dealer thinks either it was a 10 footer that was cut down or a 8-2 blade that a dealer stuck on the larger back end to be able to make a sale My guess is that a larger on was cut down as it dosent have perfect edges. Im new so not sure what to call it but the part that has the pump lights and hook up pins for the truck thats connected to the plow seems not to fit any thing.

any ways So what I have is a plow that has the larger pins and frame on the back end like you would put on a 650 or other large truck but What I have on my truck is the standard boss mount for my 2001 Ford F-250 the pins are way to large to work on my mount that is on my truck and the frame is a bit wider as well on the plow.

when I talked to my dealer he said that I needed Part numbers PBA03682, PBA09667 PBA09668 These parts would work with part of the mounting system that I put on my truck I was told they would replace my current push beam so I would be able to use this plow on my truck. since they arent able to get these parts in a timely fasion I started calling around to other dealers and pretty much every one just wants to sell me a new plow or sell me the same mounts I all ready put on my truck. the couple of dealers I found that had the parts listed above and were willing to ship told me they would not put them on my truck as they will hang down to low and that the plow I have is proly too heavy for my truck.

So what I have is my dealer telling me to order these parts and it will work
    other dealers telling me I have what I need as all plows are supose to hook up the same even thought it dosent
    and other dealers that have the parts telling me that the parts I was told will work wont work

what do I do? I could just cut the crap out of my current mounts and build one that would work but I am worried about just making a mess out of my mounts and not being able to use any plow with out buying all new ones. Im sure you will have questions and I will do my best to anwser them
  4. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

oh as for mounts on my truck if you walked into a dealer and told them you needed mounts and a harness for a 2001 ford F-250 4 by4 with a v10 what they would sell you is what I have on my truck, I dont have the part numbers handy
  5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Just as an post observation.

I'd call BOSS directly and inform them of the situation. If your blade was cut down, then that's just down-right shady business.

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

What's the model number, that'll tell you what size it is.
  7. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

they guy that sold it to me told me I had every thing I needed so I agree completly, From talking to the dealer the guy that sold it knew exactly what it was and just didnt want to deal with it so I got screwed but as lucky as I have been over the years buying things I really cant complain too much :) its at my buddys house that is, was trying to put it on I will run over there and take a look. Thanks for the help!!!
  8. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

white gardens- I may need a sub if I cant get this thing figured before we get a decent snow, Doi you have any room on your schedule if I get in a bind??
  9. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

From what you are saying, sounds like you have a 10' Plow and an 8 or 9' truck side so you need a new truck side mount.

I never have really looked at a 10' truckside but in just thinking about it - 10' is set up for 550 or 650ish trucks, trucks that sit quit a bit higher that a standard truck so I would think that mount would be too low for a normal pickup....

You're in a framboozzled mess, bought someone elses nightmare and that's why people are telling you to buy a new plow.

The A Frame on the plow, what is the distance between the two mount points that meet up the the truck side? Is that measurement smaller than the truck side push beam?

I think the 10' mounts are wider than the 8', if that's true and it is still narrow enough to fit a standard size push beam then you really aren't hacking anything up. If it will fit to a standard push beam, you just need to make a new pushbeam - something the dealer isn't going to have on a shelf - something someone is going to have to make.

Even if the 10' is wider than the 8' pushbeam, you could still make it work, just more effort.

For the average Joe, and the rest of the just bolt it on society - it's all too much work - hence the new plow. To the guys that like to build things, it's a good Sunday afternoon project.
  10. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

The 10' needs an extra inch for the pin height of the undercarriage. Your first dealer was correct about the part #s needed to make it work. The wiring will work as long the # of pins are the same on both sides. The 10' would go on F450/550 with no problems, technically you can get this plow on your truck but it may be heavy. You always do something to remedy that problem if need be. I do have have a suspicion that you may only need the pushbeam, for some reason I think the holes match up but they might not be the right diameter size hole (1/2" to 5/8"). I will double check that tomorrow.