1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need question help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lonlyknight, Jan 27, 2014.

1. lonlyknight

lonlyknight Junior Member
    from ohio

hi all well starting this year off good i hope have a chance on 3 new contracts not bad for a virgin snow man. lol
    but have 3 questions and hope some one could help..

1) my plow is a meyers MD2 som e times seems slow going side to side i can tap the button and hear it but it takes like 2 seconds before it will move.
    the plow is about 2yrs old and no leaks i know its about 1 1/2 to 2 inchs down on fluid.

2)also when i drop it down i notice that the piston doesnt go all the way down is that normal? and how do you set the chains.

3) what would be good starting prices no salt.

2001 F250
    4x4 4dr
    5.4L full power

3 inch factory lift.
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What pump?
  3. lonlyknight

lonlyknight Junior Member
    from ohio

unknown of last fluid change or type i think the PO said he did it now 1 1/2 yr ago. the pump i think it is the e58.

the hoses are not the quick connect type but the hoses and rams all look like there new out of the box.

i have no idea what kind of fluid to use in the pump. and some one said there was an adjustment screw for side to side?? i know of one for the drop.