1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need pump mounting help chevy

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bronco, Nov 26, 2008.

1. bronco

bronco Junior Member
    from CT. usa

Hi guys i have a 1989 1500 series v10 model blazer with a/c and all the extras my problem is how can i mount a pulley driven hydrolic pump on to this truck the donor set up is in a 70's blazer that just rotted away and.the problem is the altimeter on the 89 is on the right side and has a bulky aluminum mount that is in the way by the way its a fisher plow set up a local shop had a bracket but does not seem to be correct from the parts picture its a serpentine belt and i see no way of bolting a mounting plate with out disrupting the alignment belt any ideas on what part numbers from fisher for this mount

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have no clue on how to help you out on this, but I do have a comment, and a question. I didn't know chevy ever made a V-10. Not that I am saying you don't have one, but are you sure?

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/6332_030494.pdf

and check ebay for old stock kits. someone has been selling them.

if you search fisher and look at the kits you will find a few diffrent model kits will fit your setup. the link is just 1 model kit.

4. bronco

bronco Junior Member
    from CT. usa

hey rc thanks for looking i know sounds funny v10 i think youre thinking engine no its a 350 and v10 is the model truck like k5 blazer or k15 its one hell of a truck. a granny first duel shock tower in front from what i can tell its a real beast dont know why a blazer is so heavy duty other than for towing but its loaded power everthing i was told chevy did something strange for two years is this truck it lol?

5. bronco

bronco Junior Member
    from CT. usa

hey seek think you sent the correct pdf awsome first person to find that. all local shops could not find it looking in there parts book kudo's to you thank you :yow!::yow!: i love the internet lmao

6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Bronco yeah my bad. I definatley thought you were saying v-10 engine. I was gonna say if you have a chevy v-10 engine than I sure as hell wouldn't put a plow on the front. The thing has to be priceless.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have a old speedcaster my self. and i have searched fishers site lots of times for stuff. and you can pull up lots of old install directions to on there site.

when i got mine it was for a vbelt motor. i had swaped in a tbi 350 with full serp belt setup. and i found a complete kit minus pump and valve that i had on ebay. grabed it and it had everything i needed plus more. couldnt beat the deal even got all new hoses for the complete plow setup in the box.

8. bronco

bronco Junior Member
    from CT. usa

Well i will stuff my face with turkey today and start to take apart the plow truck tomorrow i had no luck on e-bay but will try to order locally with the new part numbers you provided thanks alot. i wish there was a newer mount for my plow locally probably sitting in a neighbor's yard rotten away my luck lol just a few yards away mine appears to be a little abused. i pass up on so much stuff when i dont need it but where is it now when i need it lol thats the way

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It was during the '87-'91 old body style that these trucks were referred to as a "V" series for a 4WD, or an "R" series for a 2WD just as they used to be referred to as a "K" and "C" previous to that model year.

This applies to all GM trucks of that era, not just the Blazers. Example, a 3500 one ton 4WD during the '87-'91 model years would have been referred to as a "V3500" instead of a K3500.

Just a little trivia. :salute: