1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Pricing help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by cdmckane, Nov 11, 2014.

1. cdmckane

cdmckane Member

A guy I know called me tonight to ask about plowing services for his apartment buildings. Apparently, the guy that was plowing won't guarantee services for the whole season. I didn't ask what he was paying.

Here's the property: http://www.findlotsize.com/?place=152+Stevens+Rd,+Freeville,+NY+13068&submit=Go&r=e

The driveway is 30' wide and has wooden poles along each edge. I told him that all cars need to be parked on the right side or I won't plow at all. It's pretty straight forward. I can stack snow in a couple areas on the property so removal isn't an issue. He does want shovel and salt on the sidewalks.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

$100 per visit plowing
    Walks only you know what you need
  3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Hmmmm..hard to tell, but looks like the posts preclude stacking off the sides for most of it?
    Means you have to carry snow quite a ways?
    I am going to assume a lot of carry time, and say $135 per. If less carry time is involved, then $100.

Don't refuse service over parking!! Let them park all over and make them PAY for returns to clean up!!
  4. cdmckane

cdmckane Member

Thanks guys. All of my other jobs are residential, so I wasn't exactly sure how I should price this one. I got him to agree to $100 for plowing and $35 for shoveling and salt.

I can push straight off the road and stack on the grass near the bend. The driveway is raised from the lawn so I'm planning on just angling my blade and windrowing it through the poles onto the lawn below. I can also stack at the end of the cul-de-sac.

Thanks again for the help.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How many plows and inches you get out that way?
  6. cdmckane

cdmckane Member

We average 65" but lately it's been closer to 80.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not as bad as I thought.
  8. cdmckane

cdmckane Member

We're a little far south for much lake effect, but we do get some, as well as bit off the FL. We usually get more from Nor'easters than LE.