1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need pricing help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ladder6, Aug 11, 2010.

1. ladder6

ladder6 Junior Member

I did a big landscape job for a Dr in town this spring. He and I have become good friends and he asked if I would take care of plowing and sidewalk cleanup at his building along with the mowing and maintenance. It is a brand new building with a 5' walk. Building is 60*80 with the walk going along 3 sides of the building. As for the parking lot, 30 parking spots and one big center island in the shape of an "I". The parking lot is approx. 150*100. I also need to sand the lot and sidewalks. I am new to plowing this year and have no idea what a fair price is in CT. I heard anywhere from $150-$850. Any help or advice would be great. I need to make sure it's worth my while considering I will need to add on plow insurance to my $1,000,000 coverage. Thanks for your help and advice!

2. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

What about a plow? Do you have one? Is this the only one you will be doing? $150 to $850 a what? Season? Push?

3. ladder6

ladder6 Junior Member

I have a gmc 2500 hd with a fisher v-plow, also have a skidsteer, blower and shovels. So far this is the first account, if I choose to take it but will be looking for a few others and maybe some residentials. Nothing crazy just a few to put some cash in the pocket over winter.
    I was told per push up to certain "amounts" of snow.

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Lot; 150 x100: 15,000 sq ft, should take 20-30 min or less considering you hav a V
    Walks: (2) 5x60+5x80= 1000 sqft; I would guess another 20 minutes, depending on conditions of snow.
    Salt (we don't sand): About 200lbs for lot, calium 1 maybe 2 bags.

Your market will dictate what you get per hour, etc Thes are numbers for a 2-3 inch push. I generally don't believe in the graduated pushing ie; 2-4" one price, 4-6" another price & so on. It should be done multiple times if there is more than 2-3 inches IMO, more trip should equal more money in the end & less wear on equipment. You start trying to push 6+ inches of wet spring snow, you start breaking stuff fast.