1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I am looking for like a 1990 or newer 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton plow truck. Not looking to spend more than 4-5k on it. Would prefer it be Ford, Chevy or GMC. Doesnt matter what kind of plow, nothing more than 8 foot though. And it has to be auto, my buddy would the one buying it and isnt too hot on the stick shift. Prefer it be in Ohio but will do a little road trip. No JUNK please!!!!! PM me, e-mail me on my website, or call 440-942-6045 8am-8pm. Thanks!!

2. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Theres an ad in my local paper for a 94 chevy 2500 4x4 132k miles. It says never used for plowing $3500 obo 330-528-0433. I havent seen the truck, but that seems like a good price. I live about 10 miles north of Akron.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Hey thanks!! I will call that number tommorow. Appreciate the help

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

5. Steve Brubaker

Steve Brubaker Junior Member
    from 44313

I have a dodge Ram 1500 Snow commander 4x4 automatic 1996 with a myers 7.5 foot plow for sale. I was asking 6,500.00 with the salter and plow but I will take off the salter and sell it to you for 5,000.00. I am in Akrom, Ohio call me if you are interested 330-867-7424. Check out the pictures on my web site at Bruenterprises.com

6. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

did you call on the 94 Chevy that is near me?

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

My friend said he did. But he is realy lobbying for a Ford. We may be going to look at it sometime this weekend. Thanks!!

8. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Thats cool. I was just wondering.

9. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

In this thread the only thing that stands out to me is........

your buddy doesnt know how to drive a standard tranny? and people trust him to plow snow?

two things that should be required in life.

1. a basic course on finances taught once in junior high school and again in highschool.
    (avoid half of the bankruptcy in this country)

2. everyone should be required to take their driving test in a standard to get their drivers license and be at least able to explain how to check the fluids and where the windshield washer goes.

i actually had a young teen girl ask me to help her put gas in her car the other day at a station. apparently she didnt know how to get the gas pump to work.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  10. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

"isnt to hot on the stick shift" might mean he just doesnt want one, especially for plowing. While i agree that driving stick is becoming a lost art, you have to admit its a heck of a lot more convienient to plow with an automatic IMO.

I wish you were closer to CT, ive seen a few pretty nice looking plow trucks around here - Nick

11. Spinman710

Spinman710 Member

Funny thing is, we're one of the only countries left that have automatics as standard equipment...everyone else is a stick shift. Automatics are very much an extra.

Good luck on your seach.

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

What the heck does this have to do with this thread?? Absolutly nothing, right?? He can drive stick shift just fine, I know since I taught him. He just doesnt want a stick to plow with. I dont blame him, I wouldnt either.

So any ways, bump!!!!