1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Plow Truck Owners, Shovelers, Salt Truck Drivers and Operators in Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Employment' started by CookCook20, Sep 27, 2016.

1. CookCook20

CookCook20 Junior Member

We are currently looking for many positions for the upcoming winter season. We need the following people

--Plow Truck Owners
    --Skid and Loader Operators
    --Sidewalk Crews
    --Salt Truck Drivers

We are in the entire Chicagoland area. Give us a call at (708) 237-0333 or email at david.cook@everestsnow.com

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Everest Snow... Now this one I actually know of the company...

From what I hear a good place to work.

FredG likes this.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Yes. Relatively large company around here. I emailed him yesterday and haven't gotten a response yet.

4. Philbilly2

I am texting back and forth with one of the Operations Manager's for them right now. Seems like they have good amount of work and keep growing. He says it a good place to work.

5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Yes Everest Snow is a good solid company, and the owners are good people

FredG likes this.
  6. JustJeff

If you feel like it, you can forward my number to whoever it is that you're texting back and forth with and tell them that I'm interested as well and that I've already emailed them. 847-909-8695.

7. Philbilly2

Jeff,
    Done he has your number.

His name is Rick.

8. Philbilly2

He is giving your number to the guy that manages the area around you.

If you don't hear anything, let me know and I will inquire for you.

9. JustJeff

Thanks. I appreciate it.

10. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Emailed yesterday to no reply

11. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Philbilly, Whats on your mind? I thought you were retired with the snow end of your biz.

12. Philbilly2

Yes sir... no snow for this cat anymore... I still know people though. Always like to keep connections active. You never know when an opportunity can come about just by taking with people... Thumbs Up

If nothing else, just getting an old friend in touch with some quality manpower for subs... fundamentals of business... Not always what, but typically who you know...:nod:

Sawboy and FredG like this.
  13. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

There's a reason when if see a Philbilly post that I listen. Its statements like the one above! "Learn from those who succeeded before you"

FredG likes this.
  14. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Seems like a good opportunity for you guys close enough. I guess still a few big contractor good guys. Thumbs Up

15. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Sometime I wish I could just dedicate my equipment with a Contractor like this Company. Honest people no aggravation collecting among other things.

16. Philbilly2

Thanks for the kind words.

I would not call what I did succeeding... I would refer to it as restructuring... again, and again... till the margins made money.

17. Philbilly2

So just got off the phone from a long phone conversation with my guy over at Everest...

I hate to say it... but I am crunching numbers and thinking of getting the band back together... :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

If you guys are truly interested, PM me and I can give you the low down.

I would prefer not to openly disclose info on this thread as this is not my thread and would prefer not to step on the Dave's toes (the OP). If this is OK with you Dave, please let me or Rick know, and I will gladly let everyone know about all of the things that Rick informed me about today! (I have the time now) :):confused:

Rick asked me if I knew anyone that is looking to sub as they are actively looking for plow truck owner operators west of I355 with plow only services. Elgin to Joliet area.

I do not want to step on Dave's feet here, I just have a connection with one of the guys that works there and although I have not ever worked with them, it sounds like quite an outstanding place to work for.

The first place that has sparked the interest in pushing snow in the past 4 or 5 years... sad I know, but I guess I have have been out that long now... :cry:

If you prefer to talk in person, call me at 630-768-3211 and I can tell you what I have been informed with.

Again, I do not want to step on Dave's toes here, I just want to get good guys hooked up with what appears to be a good "general contractor" Thumbs Up

JustJeff likes this.
  18. JustJeff

I had a missed call from there from a gentleman named David. When I called back I was told that he was on another line but would I like to leave a message. I did, along with my name and phone number again, but no reply. Makes me wonder though, if they are only wanting plow services now and not salting, it means that they won't want to pay for all of my equipment, so I'm guessing they'll want to pay me less than I'm already making. And probably fewer hours since you're not out there salting as well. But it's always worth a conversation to find out.

19. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I knew you had something on your mind. I walked away from snow more than once. Certain opportunities draw you back. Thumbs Up

20. Second nature247

Second nature247 Junior Member

Hey bud just wondering when bids come back in for plowing thanks.