1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Plow on 2005 F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bosoxfan4, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

Have a 2005 Ford F250 and need to get a plow on it. Don't really want to buy one new because its too much money. Does anyone know of any trucks that have the same frame as me for the same plow to fit on. I am looking for a used plow and no one has one that came off a 2005 F250. I found one that came off a 2007 F250 but I dont know if it will fit. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

anything that fits an 05-07 will work on your truck. the new boss mounts will work on a 99-07 truck. not sure about other brands. the frames were all the same from 99-07 im pretty sure but the 05-07 have front swaybars that dont allow some of the older mounts to work. but yes the one that came off an 07 will work on your truck, no matter what it is

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You may have to buy a new mount.
    See if you can trade mounts with a dealer.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Find out what brand plow it is and throw the question out in it's plow forum on the list. The Ford forum too, someone will know the frames and when they changed them. Keep in mind that you can spend upwards of $900+ on new parts? Just the truck side mount, wiring, controls and lights can cost that much. Just to make the plow work on your truck.