1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need plow for my "01 2500HD duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sparky211, Oct 2, 2006.

1. sparky211

sparky211 Junior Member
    from Maine

Hello all,

I have been looking around at some of the plows on the market in southern Maine and am looking for some c=recommendations from some of the people that have been using these plows. I am going to be plowing several 5 or 6 driveways and a small post office area with the possibility of more in the future years. There are a lot of Fishers and Boss plows in the area. Problem I have is that my truck doesn't have the snow plow prep package (only has the 4670 axle) and has the heavy duramax already above that axle. Fisher wont even talk about anything bigger than the 7'6" regular duty. Boss dealer told me he would have no regrets about putting on a 8'2" power V plow (with the tinken bushings).

I would really like to have an 8" plow but also dont want to beat on my truck as I plan on having it a long time. I like some of the features on the Boss and a friend said he loves how fast a plow it is and how easy it is to hook up, but my family has a lot of Fisher plows and swear by them.

Anyone got any thoughts on the best plow for my situation

Thanks for any info you all can give.

2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

hang at least an 8ft, you will regret anything smaller, you can run anything you want, up to 9ft. Id recomend the boss 8'2" or blizzard 860hd or speedwing, both have very easy hookup.

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

What's the cab configuration in the truck? (reg cab? ext cab? 8' box?) I run an 8' Fisher on my Duramax without a problem. And don't worry about the plow prep package, it's overrated.