1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need plow for a 2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew short box

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MrMatty9, Oct 26, 2005.

1. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

Looking for a plow for a 2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew cab (4 door) short box. I would prefer used if possible as it is for my driveway and the widows next door. Prefer Fisher 7.5/8 foot. I am located in Mountain Top PA. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you, Mr. Matt
  2. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Still need a plow?

I've got 2 8 foot Fishers and a 7.5 Myers.
    Let me know.
  3. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

How do you want to communicate? Email? mrmatt@ptd.net or phone, I will call you if you would like. Name a time and day. Where are you located? Does this include a complete set up for me to put on? I understand the 05s are a bit different. Thank you, Mr. Matt
  4. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

thank you

thank you Lee.........Matty
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

ebay they have tons of stuff on there
  6. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

I cant find anything........

for a 2005 chevy and I dont know what to buy or what would fit on the blade side?? I have a lead on some fisher plows but even the wire and set up on the truck side from Central Parts is $1000.00 plus I have to install. I have talked with Lee and I am waiting on Pix but even after a good deal if I get the wire and stuff from CP it will almost cost me the price of a new one!
    Plow= $1900
    fuel to get it $400.00
    Wire harness and controller with truck side mount=$1000.00
    total, $3300.00 plus my time to pick it up and install.........what do you guys think? Matty
    New is about 3400-3600 plus I still have to put it on.
  7. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

1. I told you $1800 not $1900 for a completly refurbished plow.
    2. It is 238 miles from me to you X2 (both ways) divided by 10 mile per gallon X 2.50 per gallon is $119 total(I drove today to Mount Tabor NJ and back for $92 including tolls to pick up 3 more plows in a much larger truck than you own)
    3. Wiring harness, controller and mount for $1000! Just what are you buying!? Think maybe you should check your pricing again.
    4. Even so, I think maybe you and I are in agreement. You should stay in PA and buy a new plow for $3300.

8. MrMatty9

MrMatty9 Junior Member

$987.00 for the truck hook up and the wire system

Is what I was quoted from CP. Honest. IF you think I am confused then call and ask yourself. I thought it was hight also but I am coming into this as a newbie for my own truck. I dont mean any offense to you Lee, you sound great and I was hoping we might be able to help each other out. I was just trying to scale the costs and compare them. I still think you are a great guy with a great company. I am not butt smooching here. You took the time on the phone and offer a great price. I am just trying to see what it is going to come down to. CP said atleast 1000.00 with shipping and that is what hurt. Not your price on the plow nor your offer to help. I hope you understand that. Matt
  9. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Mr. Matty,

Call me 804-339-2984, we might be able to work something out, 7.5 Diamond trip edge currently on my 2005 2500HD CC...