1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Plow for 2005 F250

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bosoxfan4, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

Have a 2005 Ford F250 and need to get a plow on it. Don't really want to buy one new because its too much money. Does anyone know of any trucks that have the same frame as me for the same plow to fit on. I am looking for a used plow and no one has one that came off a 2005 F250. I found one that came off a 2007 F250 but I dont know if it will fit. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

If you buy the push plates and wiring for your truck then the plow should fit.

3. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Minute Mount 2 will fit.

4. antanddom

antanddom Member

Just get the push plates and look on craigs list you can find them fairly priced but be carefull of scammers on that site

5. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

A MM2 is the same no matter what truck it's on, right? I'm thinking about buying a new truck.

I can take my MM2 xblade that's installed on an 08 F250 and put it on a new 09 GMC 2500 with push plates installed?

6. nichols

nichols Member

Yes - as long as you have the truck side wiring and push plates for the other truck, you can use the plow with another truck of any manufacturer.

7. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

If I were to buy a new plow and have it put on my truck and then sold my truck and bought a new truck in the future would I be able to use that same plow with the frame and wiring or would I have to buy everything new again? That's my big concern because I want to get a plow on my 05 but I don't want to do it if it will only work for that truck.

8. nichols

nichols Member

There are really three components to this:

1. The plow, and all of the wiring for the plow up to the two plugs on the plow frame that plug in your truck. That is exactly the same for every plow, so every MM2 plow plugs into every truck set up for a MM2.

The other two are vehicle specific:

2. The push plates. These are the two tabs on your truck that the pins on the plow go through to mount it to the truck. The plates vary from truck to truck, but if you were to buy another truck within the same generation and manufacturer, the plates are interchangeable (for example, push plates for a '99 F250/F350 fit up through the '04 F250/F350 trucks).

3. The truck side wiring. This is also truck specific, but if you stick to a certain manufacturer a lot of the stuff may interchange.

If you go on Fisher's web site and use the eMatch tool, you can input a specific truck and it'll give you a list of part numbers for the stuff you'd need to outfit the truck for both the push plates and the wiring components. That's a good way to figure out how much of it swaps over.

Make sense?

9. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

Yes thank you very much.

10. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

nichols' post nails it. I just looked on the Fisher site and the truck wiring from Ford to GMC is completely different. So in my case I will need the truck side of the set up to be all new.

11. Deco

Deco Senior Member

better off buying new , never know what someone elses heartaches your purchasing

"too expensive" sounds like my customers :laughing::laughing:

12. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

2005-2007 F250/F350 are the same truck side mounts. They are different then the 1999-2004 F250/F350 because of the coil springs.

13. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Bosoxfan 2005 to 2007 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550;s have all the same push plates (frame mounts) and wiring set-up.

14. Bosoxfan4

Bosoxfan4 Junior Member
    from CT

Can anyone confirm wat buddymanzpop stated?

15. nichols

nichols Member

Since they share the same chassis and most components, I wouldn't be surprised. You can always put them into eMatch to make sure.