1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Plow for 2001 Dodge Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by oddjobbers, Sep 14, 2009.

1. oddjobbers

oddjobbers Junior Member

I am in west springfield mass, looking for complete or close to complete set-up for a 2001 dodge ram, looking for a 7-1/2 or 8 want something ready to go, i can get some parts if i need to, email me oddjobbers84@yahoo.com or call 413-210-0207 ask for jared send pictures if you have them
  2. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Good luck brother, and welcome to the site. You'll learn a lot here.

I'll keep an eye out for you in this area as well.
  3. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Nascar24 here on this site is in Millbury, I believe. He refurbishes plows, and does a great job at it. http://www.plowsite.com/member.php?u=16240

You should be able to leave him a message there to see if he can help you out.

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I sent you an E-mail, but case you don't get it ?

Heres a plow for you!

( Mounts in photos are not Dodge Mounts, but I do have the mounts you need!)

$2750 and you will get everything you will need to install except frame bolts.

508 753 6617
  5. oddjobbers

oddjobbers Junior Member

Very nice, unfortunetly i should have been more specific im looking for more used than that, in the ballpark of 500-750
  6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

You WILL NOT find one for that price so you should just stop looking now. You can hardly get a used mount and wiring for that. Nascar24 sells some of the nicest refurbished plow I have ever seen at great prices. If you are serious about getting a plow ya have to pay to play. $2750 for that plow is CHEAP.
  7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, that looks like a really good deal on that plow. New plows go for over $5k for a straight blade setup. Five hundred dollars won't buy you much of anything.
  8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah 500-750 is way to low. But you can get into a rusty MM1 needing some grinding and painting for about 1g
  9. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

and more than likely it will be a under the hood pump driven plow for a grand, missing some expensive bracket or pulley!

Been there and done all of that! lol
  10. oddjobbers

oddjobbers Junior Member

sadly enough a rusty mm1 would make me happy because i have a friend of the family who can sandblast it and paint it for free, also fix anything and install it for me for free, maybe in two years i can afford to go new
  11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

IMO, a $500 plow is nothing more than a headche... better off using it as a boat anchor
  12. oddjobbers

oddjobbers Junior Member

not everyone has enough money to buy exactly what they should get, so i have to start somewhere
  13. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

I was able to piece a set up together for $1,800 took some time and effort a couple of months, but online persistancy paid off. Keep in mind I started in May and bought during the summer for a reason
    You can do it but I will promise will not be able to do anyting of at least fair qaulity for $1,500

None the less good luck and more power to you if you get something for the price. Stranger things have happened!
    Let us know
  14. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member