1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need plow angle cyliders for 7.5' meyer

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by LoweJ82, Dec 11, 2011.

1. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 Junior Member

I picked up a used 7.5' meyer plow and I am trying to figure out what size angle cylinders I need, is there a common size per foot of blade? I have no clue what model it is as its older.

would one way be to just measure with the plow at angle to get the open reach and then measure the other side to get the closed position measurement?

Its on the skid and last year I moved it by hand, wasn't a big deal but with all the rain coming Id like to see about getting something together for it.
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

1.5" X 12" or 1.5" x 10"
  3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

when you hook it up install adjustable flow valves in the lines(parker valves) otherwise it turns too fast....some people have posted other ideas with pics, which are better but require more fabrication
  4. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

if it is a 7.5 foot blade it will most likely be the 10 inch version...
  5. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 Junior Member

even on a low flow machine? I seen some just direct and it seemed like they kinda went hard and thought it was the operator, but I have heard of needing some kind of a flow reducer.