1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Plow Advice

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by royals30, Apr 15, 2014.

1. royals30

royals30 Junior Member
    from MO

Hello,

I'm wanting to purchase a snow plow for residential use. I'll be plowing two driveways with a Chevy 1500. I've been looking at snowbear snow plows and was wondering if anyone has one and could tell me what you thought of them? How are they at back dragging?

2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

What year of truck?

You can find good used 7'6 electric/hydraulic straight blade setups for $1500. Personally I'd go this route over something like a snowbear.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What plow are u using now

4. royals30

royals30 Junior Member
    from MO

What does straight blade mean? Can I not angle it from side to side?

5. dieselss

It means its a straight blade. Not a V or expandable plow. Nothing fancy just a typical plow.

6. royals30

royals30 Junior Member
    from MO

But I can angle it from side to side?

7. dieselss

Not sure. What plow, and model? Have you cked there website?

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Like others said, a strait blade is a plow that has a strait blade (not a V plow or expendable length plow). You can angle it left and right. You will be a lot better off buying a used 7.5' straight blade than a Snow Bear.