1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need pics of top screens

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lynden-Jeff, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

Looking for some pics of top screens for Snowex or Curtis tail gate spreaders, or any. Im looking to build one, possibly with a built in bag splitter and some examples would be great.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

take a look at boss's web site they have a picture of their's

3. STRONGARM

STRONGARM Senior Member

hey jeff,

why a screen for that spreader, are you loading it with bulk salt?

i like the bag cutter idea, we always are looking for a knife

4. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

I just use my teeth.

I looked at the pic of the grate on the BOSS site, it seems those holes are too small. I had one like that once and it was a pain waiting for the salt to sift through.

5. Lynden-Jeff

Hey,

Well seems like everywhere is sold out of bagged salt until the middle of January, HBS, Mikes, and I emptied out the salt depot in ancaster aka Riversides garden center. The stuff I got was crap, full of lumps so I figure the screen will help. Also looking for an 80lb vibrator kit for it, I think it will help it flow better. I always lose my knives, so the bag cutter should help!

Merry Christmas
    Jeff

6. Lynden-Jeff

So heres what I came up with. $20 of metal and $20 of paint and we have a salt screen!

goodscreen.jpg

7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Where's the bag cutter?!!! Just kidding. It looks good to me. My Snoex 575 had a screen in it that looked just like that. But that is the only spreader I have ever used, so take it for what it's worth.

8. Lynden-Jeff

Yea I coulden't be bothered. Im going to tape a knife to a string and just attach it somewhere to the bed of the truck. That should do lol.

Cheers
    Jeff

9. plow/truck

plow/truck Member

FWIW I’ve got some real good screen at our local mine supply co. They have hardened mesh in all types of openings, and being hardened it should last forever!
    p/t

10. plow/truck

plow/truck Member

or perhaps a hack saw blade mounted somewhere convenient . I seen it done for cutting twine.
    p/t

Never mind, the bags you are talking about are probably hard to handle……

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  11. Lynden-Jeff

Yea in the middle of the night a 100lb bag isnt as easy to whip across a blade as it sounds lol. A box cutter will do the job good.

Thanks for the comments!

Jeff